Monday, September 19, 2011

Music, family, and food = All you need.


This weekend, I got to see a couple of good performances, while enjoying it with family ...

My cousin, Kebbi Williams, is a TALLLLLLLENTED musician ...ALTHOUGH I think "talented" is a downgrade when describing him ...

Kebbi's father is the same one in this post: Mississippi!  ...the ability to entertain runs in the family, yea?

He's been on TV, traveled the world, and has played with some of you all's favorites ...including Janelle Monae, Outkast, Mos Def, and now ...he's workin' it out with Tedeschi Trucks Band ....you all should look 'em up.

Here they are in New York:

I'm beyond proud of him.

Not to mention, he has 3 of the most beautiful kids imaginable.

Anyway, Saturday ...the family and I, along with others came to Gordon White Park ..

Some of it's performers included:

"Miguel Atwood-Ferguson - violin (Composer of Suite for Ma Dukes)
Deantoni Parks - drums (The Mars Volta / Omar Rodriguez-Lopez group)
Otiel Burbridge - bass (Aquarium Rescue Unit, Allman Brothers)
and a 40-piece horn section featuring
Russell Gunn - trumpet
Hornz Unlimited
and students from Atlanta Public Schools"



Man, it was good stuff ....


They've managed to involve kids from various public schools in this music thing, which speaks volumes to me ...I used to play the piano, and I played the clarinet for a couple of years ...one of the things I kind of regret giving up ...but, whatever.


It's just a joy to see music, other than rap, playing a role in the lives of youth ...beautiful stuff ...


Let me just get to the videos first ...




Kebbi's got the tophat on!
watch them all!


















Mommy on the left. <3 and Cousin "Kayren" as my mother pronounces it ...
















^ Miguel Atwood.





^Russel Gunn.

















I wasn't really even trying to be bothered with taking photos or video, 'cause I was so intent on listening to  everything happening before my eyes ...




I'd love to see this grow into something, and eventually make its way to bigger venues ...


We will see.




In other news, I made dinner yesterday:











k, bye.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment