Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011.

My first Thanksgiving without my father ...

I thought I'd be in an incredibly terrible mood, but I really wasn't.

I'm just continuously learning to appreciate things more.  Continuously learning ...

Having my bigheaded siblings home, and Mommy made it so much easier.

I went missing on the social scene for a couple of days, and I'm glad I did.  Hell, I'd rather eat that be bothered with people any day.

Preparation for Thanksgiving was so much fun.

I remember the days when having to help cook was the bane of my existence...this year? I really wanted to cook.

So, check us out getting our Chef on!








Rare turkey footage.










My poor mama, slavin so hard in the kitchen.. LOL. <3



I can assure you, my mac & cheese is better than yours ...













Thanksgiving Day is here!

Isn't that a sexy ass bird?






I recommend that you all try this liquor ..."St. Germain"
It's light, and sweet, and good to mix with club soda & champagne..





My sister  getting the green beans together ..she's got her own secret recipe!



My godmother made this salad ..I didn't even want people to touch it, 'cause it was so damned beautiful.



My aunt came through and shut down the party with her hors d'oeuvres ...

1. thai chilli shrimp at the top


2. Pears with cranberry chutney inside ..



Thai chilli shrimp again ..


3.  Peas stuffed with crab meat ..



That's her, gettin' down and gettin' us full before dinner ...






4.  AND FINALLY!  Asparagus, wrapped with cranberry goat cheese, swiss cheese, and wrapped in fillo (sp?) paper ...With raspberry walnut dressing on the side.


 I wanted to die.  And we hadn't even gotten to dinner yet.












Moral of the story, the 'itis kicked my ass and had me in bed by 9.

Dinner was wonderful, and I'm glad we could share it with one another.

<3





Photobucket

2 comments:

GREEDS said...

I have to stop coming to your blog when I'm already hungry...

Ugh, its all looks so delicious.

XOXO.

TR said...

This was my 1st thanksgiving w/o my father also. *sad face* All that food looks yummy, esp the shrimp.

Post a Comment