Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Freakin' New Year!

I'm hoping everyone's holidays and New Years were beautiful and all of that congenial mess ...

Christmas was good, kind of sad, but beautiful at the same time ...
Spending time with family was awesome, and we enjoyed basking in the memory of my father.

One thing I hate about the holidays, I go into reflection mode ...

Reflecting on the year that passed, relationships, friendships ...and everything in between.

When you're going through trying times, people who want or deserve to be in your life will make that evident, and I'm actually sad to say that the few that I thought WOULD act like they wanted to be in my life ...weren't.

And, I chase no one.

Maybe I should.  But, I won't anymore.

So, I've cut ties.

And I don't feel bad about it.

But, you live, learn, and grow.

And aside from me growing fatter ...I'm growing ...

MOVING RIGHT ALONG.

For New Years, I went on a cruise to The Bahamas ...

Carnival, to be exact ..

And you know what? It was average as hell.

The rooms, the food, and the experience overall ...I wasn't blown away ...

I also learned that white people do not have tastebuds.  Well, the ones I met on that damn boat.

On to the pictures ...

OVERLOAD, YES.



Probably the best part of this cruise was the fact that I could be anywhere on this big ass thing with my alcohol in hand, and WISH somebody would tell me I couldn't.

I bet if they had an on-board chapel, you'd find some Bahama-Mamas next to the Bibles.










This dude was doing a drink presentation/shot-give-away and he was THRASHED.

He was turnt up.



Not sure if I've experienced anything more scary that being at the top of a moving vessel, in the middle of the night, with no lights around, other than those on the boat.

I took these pictures as quickly as possible, and got my ass back inside ...











Dirty damn windows.








My bruh with the hat on made sure he dapped up every black person on the boat.  Not even kidding.















New Years Eve, and this guy was already sleep as I was getting dressed ...



Hi.




Waiting for the New Years Countdown to begin ....















FREEPORT, BAHAMAS ....















I posted these next few photos solely to show that it looks like I got a big butt.

Hay girl hay!




















This boat was next to ours and it was so live on their boat!

We could hear the music playing and everything ...

Our boat seemed like a freakin'  library compared to theirs ...

And don't let me even begin to count how many times I think I heard "The Wobble" ...Man, I hate that song and dance now.  Equally.











NASSAU, BAHAMAS ....





We got off the boat too late, I suppose ..and missed the Carnival parade ....which I wish I could have seeen ...

The infamous "Atlantis" ...come to find out, the bridge connecting those two tours is the "Michael Jackson suite" with 10 rooms, and goes for 25k a night, and you can only stay there a MINIMUM of 4 nights.

Even on my most ballingest of days ...25k a night?

HUH?










Oprah's homes ...yes, homes.

Her home, and guest home to the right. ...





Eddie Murphy's island in the distance ...





Blue Lagoon Island ...our Nassau excursion ...

The water being so clear was just ....man ....

GORGEOUS.

























DOLPHINNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

I want a pet dolphin, so I can name him "Kitty" ...really ...any animal I get from this point on is going to be named "Kitty" ...Pitbull too.


























Those 3 cruise ships ...

Ours looked sooooooooooo wack next to the other two ...

I even peeped a basketball court on top of one.

Depressing.






The streets of Nassau, post-parade ...













Our last dinner on the boat ... and our table mates...




All in all ...I enjoyed getting out of dodge for New Years ...
Although the food was ass, the experience was memorable.
And the scenery in The Bahamas was one for the books.

What I learned on my cruise-

1.  Bring your own damn seasoning.
2.  Bring a bigger variety of clothing ...this was the first time I packed "light" ...I regret doing that.
3.  Do more research on activities to do once you're off the boat.
4.  Choose a different cruise.
5.  Take a larger group.
6.  Take a trip where you can spend more time at your destination.
7.  Celebrity X Cruises look like the win.
8.  I just forgot ...
9.  Cruises are meant for couples, large groups, or family.
10.  Carnival food is terrible, but the service was great.

Happy New Years, yall.

;P
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment