Saturday, November 19, 2011

Belafonte blues ...

On Wednesday, I got the opportunity to see and hear Harry Belafonte speak, which was quite the experience ..
He spoke of his Jamaican upbringing, time in Harlem, his first acting gig, along with his growth as an actor with friendly competitor, Sidney Portier.

He also spoke of W.E.B. DuBoise, Paul Robeson & a host of other outstanding historical figures ...

It was great listening to him.  The way he spoke made you want to pay the closest of attention, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Some random pictures from that evening...

I took this as I was walking into the Carter Center ...the view was gorgeous.






























Don't tell me it doesn't look like he's looking directly into your soul right now...


It's like he looked directly into my camera and telepathically told me my future.














Once the gathering ended:



My city, looking beautiful.

Harry was so cool, man.

He had the entire room in awe, even at the age of 84.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment