Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lucky's show ..

Two nights ago, the same night of the previous post ...after leaving the chinese spot, we'd gone to iHOP to continue to stuff our faces ..but this time ...it was for the funnel cakes ...

While in our booth, we noticed a woman in the next booth doodling on some local newspapers ...making the coolest shit ever ...robotos, space ships, money ..etc etc ...We were completely in her business, it was ridiculous.

So, while my friend and I were in mid-conversation ..somehow we got to talking to her just as she was leaving ..and in the midst of the convo, she told us she was an artist and she had a show coming up on Friday (today) ...

When I tell you she was the nicest woman ever ..it's an understatement ...like, you wanted to be her friend.

She was so warm, and I believe she was/is a damn psychic ...

Anyways ...

We went to the show, and I did take a few pictures.

They aren't THAT good, but hell, they are pictures ...

EVERYTHING WAS CREATED FROM FOUND OBJECTS!


















The artist herself.
Laura "Lucky" Baker aka the Queen of the International House of Pancakes


Seeing her work, and interacting with her really motivated me to get back into my art.
Hearing her story added to it as well.

Art is truly powerful, y'all.

If you'd like to see these pieces, stop by the Red Wall Studio & Gallery
http://www.redwallstudio.org/
1428 Ponce de Leon Ave.NE Suite B
Atlanta GA 30307


She's also got a lot of work dealing with Martin Luther King, which I can't wait to see!


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment