Sunday, August 7, 2011

Long live McQueen ..

Alexander McQueen ...
I don't even think amazing, outstanding, awesome or any other word could accurately describe anything he created ...
A part of me thinks that people didn't know about him until Lady Gaga's arrival, which isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but he'd been a fashion force for some time before Gaga.

Anyway, what prompted this post ...There was a McQueen show at  the Metropolitan Museum in New York THAT ENDED TODAY! :(

Although I wasn't able to see it ..I did see a few pictures on the website ...all of which make me more sad that I was unable to experience it first-hand. 

Romantic Nationalism



Romantic Exoticism





Romantic Primitivism



Romantic Naturalism



His spring/summer 2010 collection featured alien-inspired make-up and reptilian prints ..


Of course you remember some of these pieces ..

This collection was predicted to be his most popular collection ever, by Anita Barr ..was she right?



Thank the heavens for these photos.  Gorgeous stuff here ..














This is scary as hell, man.













Photos : http://blog.metmuseum.org/


Alexander McQueen delivered collections that were often described in superlatives: "I didn't plan out my life like that," he said. "When people recognise and respect what you do, that's nice, but I don't think you ever do this to be famous. Fame should be left to the film stars. We're just offering a service." -Vogue.


You can't deny his genius or innovative designs, even if they are outside of the "norm" ...like any "norm" continues to exist.


I just wish I could have seen that exhibit.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment